Having a pet can be a great relief, especially for people who spend more time alone, whether due to lifestyle, medical reasons or their family situation.
A dog can be a great friend and companion that keeps you company, that forces you to go for a walk with him, play with him in a park or simply lie down next to him for kuddles. These are some of the activities that you can do in the company of a furry friendand that will make your life for sure more diverse and fun.
But if all this still does not convince you, read on to learn about all the benefits of adopting a dog in your family:
– An active social life: it is very common to go out and see people who have a dog, having a chat while the animals get to know each other. In the same way, going to a dog park is a great way to meet new people or make good friends.
– Better cardiovascular health: having a dog encourages you to go out and move, even if it’s only the 30 minutes you go out for a walk. It has been shown that people who have a dog have as well lower cholesterol levels.
– Helps to have fewer allergies: several studies affirm that those children who grow up in houses where there are dogs, develop fewer allergies than those who grow up in houses without a dog.
– They give you stability and make you more responsible: one of the great advantages of having a dog is that they add a routine and require greater responsibility from their owners to attend to their basic needs (food, walks, activity, hygiene, etc.)
– It makes you happier: undoubtedly one of the most favorable points of having a dog to keep you company is that they will make you happier, even reducing stress, anxiety and depression in people with mental health struggles. There is nothing like the greeting and happiness of a dog when you arrive home. In addition, petting a dog is something relaxing and comforting.
Dogs also play a great role in medicine, as it has been shown that they can detect various types of cancer and determine if a person has low blood sugar.
Another of the data provided by science is that petting a dog decreases heart rate and blood pressure, which translates into a healthier heart and a calmer mood.